Saturday, January 9, 2010

Spending My Saturday..

Woke up quite early, around 10am something coz Jimmy was calling me. He was telling me that the fender (the one he had shaped it up nicely) did not 'ngam' with the headlamp. Duh, I seriously thought the BlackBelt face lift and DX are using the same fender. So, get myself ready and went to the shop.

So, this is the new fender that had been shaped up nicely.
Image

Side view. Should I use the over fender or shouldn't I?
Image

And front view.
Image

Lesson 101 : BlackBelt fender with DX headlamp will not 'ngam'. Solution? Just closed my eyes. Hehehe. Too lazy to fork out some more RM to find a set of DX fender.
Image

How's da clearance? Less than 1cm! Jimmy surely knew what he's doing.
Image

While he's adjusting the hood, I got a chance to sneak peek inside the turbine. Argh, I wish I knew more about the turbo.
Image

By 4pm, most of the damaged area had been fibered. Usually, paint shop will just cement it. Jimmy said fill it with fiber first before cementing it.
Image

I was there from 11am till 4pm. Got a lot of tips from Jimmy on how to bend your direction and controlling your hands when cementing your car. Learning process is never fun if you are learning it theoretically. But by witnessing it myself, I guess that's the best method. Doing it yourself is even better. Cant wait to try it myself soon on my damaged fender.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...