Sunday, July 26, 2009

New Toy : Nokia E71.

I was using an LG Cookie before the hand phone decided to cause me a lot of trouble like super weak battery ( I need to charge it daily!), a slow processor, and not so sensitive touch screen. It was from Zitron though. Also cant complaint much since the phone was given to me by my dear, Mok.

Anyway, Mok was surveying the Sungei Wang Plaza for a new hp since she really want a set of Blackberry. Way to overpriced if you ask me. Then she saw the Nokia E63 & E71 and somehow she managed to make me interested with that model too. Im still in love with Iphone though. That is my dream phone coz I like the chrome finishing and the game inside it.

So, after a few round, we stopped at a shop and started to test the E63 and the E71. Initially Mok wanted to buy one, and since I was interested with the E series too, Mok decided to buy TWO phone. Gosh, am I too lucky to have a girlfriend like her? One in a million I bet.


So, Mok decided to take the Nokia E63 and I was about to take E63, then I saw the CHROME E71 which I really started to get crazy with it. Seriously, blame the retro fever, Im in love with chrome now. And luckily Mok had already draw a few extra hundreds, and agree to take one Nokia E63 and one Nokia E71.

What's the difference? E71 standard feature come with a built in GPS receiver while the E63 didnt have. E71 come with a metal finishing, and E63 with plastic finishing. And a 3.2 megapixel camera on E71 and a front camera for 3G, and 2 megapixel on E63 and no front camera. That's all. The rest, they are almost identical. Some said that E63 is the lil brother of E71.

And here's my new toy! Its an original set, I never buy an AP set for my handphone coz original rocks!

I really loved the QWERTY keypad. No more short SMS to Mok now! I was super lazy to SMS people when I used the LG Cookie. =)

Other feature like a Microsoft Quick Office (Words, Excel & Powerpoint), Nokia GPS (Monthly charged~), Yahoo Go!, Messenger, and etc. And, the best, if you ask me, the wireless internet. I dont have to bring my laptop anymore now. I can online through my phone. Full Internet browser. Not the 3G connected internet. This is my toy when Im in boring class now. Facebook, my blog, and others. All in my palm.

And the phone shell that we had bought. The black one is hard shell, while the clear one is a medium soft plastic shell. The problem is, the hard shell is very slippery and sometimes very oily, while the clear one is a dust trapper. Need to take an extra care when Im using one of em. Once a week for maintenance maybe.

Since Im not going to pay the monthly fee for the Nokia built-in GPS, I bought the GARMIN software (Not illegal download ya~) from the Nokia dealer and now Im connected to the sattelite 24/7 for a road guide! No more sesat here and there anymore! It function 100% like a GARMIN GPS Navigator, except mine is running on a phone. Top speed recorder, milage recorder, a navigator, total moving time, total stopping time and etc.

Anyway, to tell you how sick I am with the city of Kuala Lumpur, this is the GPS recorded data from the phone. Was trying it from my hostel to my home. Usually if the road is clear, it only take me 15 minutes to arrive to my home, and I was going home at 8.30pm on Friday, and quite surprised with the fact that Im only moving for 2minutes and 47 secs, and the crawl/stopped time was 37 minutes and 11seconds. Great isnt it? Im so not gonna miss KL soon. I rather stay at JB or Ipoh.

Will take photos of my phone and Mok's one soon~

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

huhu..
gumbira btol dgn hp baru..
hehehhehehhe

hope u r super happy..
~stil can't afford to buy an Iphone 4you...huhu~

asuramaru™ said...

gle bes iza blikan hp kat ko mar....
ak nk awek cm iza gak ah....
huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh....
anyway LG cookie ko dlu buang mana???
kalau x nk kasi aku je la....
sian ak pkai hp buruk je.... xp

3R1C said...

u will love the E71. I've been using it for one year. btw, i can't find the cover here in KB. wanna help out? and how much did u pay for the garmin?

Amar Gencos said...

Mok, takpe. Next time.. =P

Asu, LG Cookie aku dah trade in dah. Itu phone crappy. Tak berbaloi ah.

Eric, there is plenty of cover set here in KL. Which one do you want? @_@
The software is around RM150 one time payment.

asuramaru™ said...

oh trade in....
ak igt ko lempar mana td....
huhuhuhuhuhuhuhu...
bila la ak nk dpt pkai hp bru ekk.....
teringin gak nak tuka enset SE W700i aku nih....
tp duit pon xde lg....
huuuuuuuuu~

helmi ibrahim said...

amar, ko punye E71 tuh berapa harga?

Amar Gencos said...

Yg E71, RM1.4k.
Yg E63, RM899

jOsh_taKumi86 said...

fuhh...i still prefer Nseries...hehe
i like the inside program...
oh yea simbian roxx coz better den others normal fone lah...haha

how much u get the garmin program??
free to use anytime??

Amar Gencos said...

Honestly, if you ask me, I dont see any different in N or E series.

=P

Im a pro Sony Ericsson actually. Will miss the Sony Walkman earphone now.

Garmin? Cost me RM150 for the software and only one time payment just like other Garmin GPS.

=)

jOsh_taKumi86 said...

erm if u take both to difference it then u will know it...haha

hmm ur sony erricson earphone can plug into nokia phone wat...that hole never reject any brand of earphone...lol

Amar Gencos said...

Lol, actually I didnt check out the phone box yet.. Pretty busy now.

Will checkout soon, hope can fit in the earpiece.

=)

Anonymous said...

question. when u use ur gps, they charge your 3G connection right?

btw, adore the e71.

Amar Gencos said...

The Nokia E71 feature a built in GPS receiver which mean it can receive the sattelite signal for GPS usage.

And the Garmin, I only need to buy the software and that is that. No extra charge after that.

And for the Nokia built in GPS, yep, they charge it per usage I think.

Still experimenting whether I will be charged or not.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...